Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 1 of 365.. a day late.

My first post of 2013!

I am very anxious for this year, a lot of crazy things will be occurring and I can't wait to blog about them to keep me sane, busy, and inspire others. I am super excited because I had Kristen over at WTF design this awesome blog design for me!

A few of my resolutions for 2013.. which I think are very achievable, since I have such a hard time keeping them.. include:

1. LIVE LIKE HE DEPLOYS TOMORROW:


With Cory in the military, deployment is sometimes inevitable & we have never experienced a long deployment, but it is very possible. A few months ago he got a call and had to report less then 4 hours later on base for a deployment with an unknown end date. Granted we knew a little bit, but it was so sudden, unexpected, and we were not ready at all for this. This little deployment opened our eyes and got us talking about things we need to put in place in case this ever happens again. He is in the reserves and we live a few hours from his base so we need to prepare ourselves for calls like this in the future, especially if he is gone for an extended period of time.

I want to live each day like he will leave for a year tomorrow. I want to make sure everything in place so we are not caught off guard. I want to REALLY enjoy the little things and the big things together. I want him to know that if he leaves he is leaving behind a fiance that is semi-prepared (can you ever really be prepared for deployment?).

I want to know that when he gets that call I will be ready, he will be ready, our family will be ready.

2. LEARN TO LET LITTLE THINGS GO, AND DO LESS WORRYING.


Sorry, I do not have a link for this.

Honestly. This says it all. I want to do all the above. I need to do all of the above!


3. PLAN OUR WEDDING!



Cory and I are getting married in August 2014, so I have some time to plan our wedding, but really need to start getting to the nitty gritty of everything. And I am a HUGE Pinterest fan, I can not get enough of pinning things for our wedding. I need to get more organized and start putting our ideas together. I made a binder when we got engaged, so I just need to start putting everything in it. I am hoping by this time next year the wedding is planned or close to being planned so we can relax and enjoy the last few months leading up to the big day!

4. FOCUS ON OUR HEALTH



My family is pretty health for the most part. But..

Cory is trying to gain more weight and muscle, and

I am trying to lose a few pounds before my best friend's wedding in May!

not a great combination at all.
But we both respect each others goals, and help each other be happier and healthier. I am hoping in the next few months Cory and I get on track with our health goals and start to meet them and accomplish them, small steps at a time. We don't eat out much at all unless it's our occasional date night and we really don't go crazy with our selections off the menu.

We just snack.. all the time. and our soda intake is awful! I know it's something we can quit and work on but it's the convenience of having them available right there! But I hope to get us on a healthier track and start to see progress in each other, with the help of each other.

5. THIS BLOG

I am very excited to start the new year with this blog, I have been blog stalking for a while and trying to work up the courage to start my own, and figure out what I should blog about. I love the blogs I come across and follow, and I hope that over the next year people will feel the same about my blog too! I am hoping to get everything updated and finalized by the end of January, fingers crossed! :) and thanks to a few supporters I am beyond excited to get started.

I feel like there are million other goals, resolutions & projects I want to do this year. The norm: organize my life, stop procrastinating, start a hobby, and make more time for family and friends  but I have 365 days to do it, a brand new chapter. a brand new, clean, empty calendar to fill. so exhilarating.

So here is to 2013, a brand new chapter for many of us.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I can't believe he deployed that fast! I know that it could happen, but for to actually hear of it happening to someone is gut-wrenching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! He literally got a call at 10am and had to be there at 3pm! But it was short, only 2 weeks. But everyday we weren't sure when he would be coming home so it felt like forever.

    ReplyDelete